On March 4, 2020 St. Louis University and the World Affairs Council of St. Louis proudly hosted the 17th WorldQuest at St. Louis University. There was great participation with 25 high schools and 28 four-person teams competing.
And the Winners Were
- First Place – St. Louis University High School
- Second Place – Marquette High School
- Third Place – Wentzville Holt High School
- “Rookie of the Year” – St. Charles High School.
WorldQuest was filled with excitement and enthusiasm. SLU provided tables of team shirts, memorabilia, stations of food, and drinks for the students. Rachel Lippmann of St. Louis Public Radio was the Master of Ceremonies. She did an expert job leading a highly engaged audience through the question & answer period. World Affairs Council of St. Louis President, Pierce Powers, pictured in the photo (left).
St. Louis University High School
1st Place Team WorldQuest 2020
Event Moderator, Rachel Lippmann of St. Louis Public Radio
Our Volunteers – Could Not Have Done It Without Them
With deep appreciation we thank the SLU students as well as Dr. Kym & Dr. Will Perkins who assisted in setting up the room. The SLU students continued their assistance throughout the evening, helping to pick up the answer slips and distribute them to the judges.
Special thanks to:
- Jane Lindstrom, Registrar with the Boy Scouts of America
- Linda Kurtz, Council Board Member
- Larry Taylor, Executive Committee Member
- Josh Lange, former Council staff/volunteer
- Bud Bellomo, Council volunteer