Here’s how to get involved!
⇒ Sponsor an event
⇒ Be a half-day tour guide
⇒ Host visitors in your home for dinner
⇒ Talk to visitors about your profession
⇒ Volunteer to help with an event
⇒ Give a tour of your company
⇒ Intern with us
⇒ Be an airport greeter
News & Announcements
22-26 March 2021
Global Ties National Meeting – Exchange Matters
SAVE THE DATES
The 2021 National Meeting is going virtual! The week-long event will feature a variety of live-stream sessions as well as on-demand content that you can view at your leisure. Stay tuned for updates on keynote speakers, panels, workshops, networking opportunities, and more. More on the Global Ties website.
09 February 2021
International Relations Lecture Series (IRLS) – Dr. Stephen Graves Speaks on Reparations to Redress Historical Injustices
Dr. Stephen Graves is Assistant Professor, Department of Black Studies, Director of Undergraduate Studies at the University of Missouri in the Departments of Black Studies. It will take place on Zoom. Meeting ID: 384 422 5785
18 November 2020
Museum Strategies – NGO Management
IVLP participants from Albania, Ukraine, Thailand, Bahrain, Burma, Uganda and Guyana met with Dr. Frances Levine of the Missouri Historical Society to exchange ideas and strategies for museums to engage the community as part of the NGO Management III program. Participants came away from the meeting feeling energized and inspired with new ideas to implement in their countries.
10 November 2020
World Affairs Council of St. Louis Board Meeting –
New Board Members Elected!
• Ms. Liz Hare of the American Soybean Association joined as a Corporate (nonprofit) member.
• Ms. Susan Lore, former Senior Counsel at Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, joined as an Individual member. Susan heads up the Council’s International Visitor Leadership Program as a fulltime volunteer.
• Ms. Neelu Panth of the Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis joined as an Individual member.
• Mr. Al Zimmerman of Novus International joined as a Corporate member.
27 October 2020
Ambassador Visits – H.E. Javlon Vakhabov, Uzbekistan Ambassador to the U.S. and Canada
World Affairs STL & the International Relations Council of Kansas City welcomed the Uzbekistan Ambassador, Javlon Vakhabov, for a virtual presentation on Zoom. Uzbekistan’s economy is expanding into new industries & is improving its relationship with neighboring countries.
24 September 2020
World Affairs STL Chef’s Cooking Series – Naam Pruitt’s Pad Thai Demonstration
World Affairs Council of St. Louis held its first installment of a new (virtual for now) Chef’s Cooking Series. Naam Pruitt—St. Louis private chef, culinary instructor and cookbook author—shared her secrets and insights into Thai cooking with the demonstration of Pad Thai, a stir-fried rice noodle dish commonly served as a street food and at most restaurants in Thailand.
Members meet people by getting involved!
- Meet with international visitors who are members of your profession
- Take international visitors sightseeing for a morning or afternoon
- Host international visitors for lunch or dinner in your home
- Greet international visitors at the airport
Stay In the Loop!
The International Visitor Leadership Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State with funding provided by the U.S. Government and supported in its implementation by the World Affairs Council of St. Louis.